LUDLOW SIDE HILL CRONCHERS
The 6/25/08 meeting of the Ludlow Side Hill Cronchers Snowmobile Club was called to order by President John Murphy at 6:30 P.M. with 8 members present. The meeting was held at the residence of Bruce and Tuula Ingerson’s in Ludlow.
The 5/21/08 minutes, upon a motion by Bruce Ingerson and seconded by Dave Berry, were accepted as presented.
The Treasurer’s report was tabled, to be presented at the next meeting.
Correspondence was presented to the membership by President John Murphy
Under Trails the following was reported:
1) Bridge re-decking 5 on Okemo – Scott Grover plans on starting this project in August
2) Mailboxes – Cobblestone Road – John Murphy has made progress and this project is nearing completion
3) South Hill Trail re-route – Ted Stryhas is continuing work on this project
4) Bridge Support poles – Jeff Predom gave an update – poles are in Bennington, discussion ensued on means of transporting where needed
Under Groomer the following was reported:
1) Satellite telephone purchase – John – has been looking into a renting a phone, rental fees will go towards purchase. This phone is approximately half the cost of one previously looked at – John would like to try it out on Okemo before making any commitments on purchasing it.
2) Adjust brush bar – completed
3) Other – Groomer needs new seals on wheels
Under Unfinished Business it was reported:
1) Ancient Roads – Information from books now being transferred to computer
2) Shelter – Scott reports this project will start in August
3) VAST Birthday Celebration – Will be in Hartland July 26th. The Cronchers will provide chicken BBQ dinners
4) Landowner gifts – James showed members one of the coolers that will be given to land owners, along with 2 tickets for chicken dinners at our chicken BBQ
5) 08-09 Nominating Committee report – Bruce reports Trail master position still open
Chicken BBQ’s-July 5th and October 4th
VAST Birthday – July 26th
VAST Annual Meeting – September 20th
The next meeting of the Ludlow Side Hill Cronchers will be Wednesday, July 16th at 6:30 P.M., at Bruce and Tuula Ingerson’s residence, Lake Pauline, Ludlow.