The Ludlow Side Hill Cronchers
 

Meeting Minutes

 
Meeting Minutes

Ludlow Side Hill Cronchers

The 5-12-07 meeting of the Ludlow Side Hill Cronchers Snowmobile Club was called to order by President Murphy 6:30 PM. The meeting was held at Bruce and Tuula Ingerson's with 13 members present.

The March 7, 2007 minutes, upon a motion by Rick Yuris, seconded by Randy Ellison, were accepted as presented.

The Treasurers Report, upon a motion by Bruce Ingerson, seconded by Rick Yuris, was accepted as presented.

Correspondence was read into the record by Doug Peabody.

Under trails the following was reported:

a) Trail Intersection Discrepancies - Trail Master Randy Ellison reported that he will correct the discrepancies prior to next season.
b) Trail Projects for Next Year - Discussion was held on work that is needed. A change in the trail on North Hill requires permission from a new landowner. Scott Grover Rick Yuris and Randy Ellison will meet with the new landowner to discuss our needs and obtain permission for the changes.
All of the bridges on the Okemo Mountain trail need re-decking along with the bridge on Route 100 South. A new bridge is needed in back of the sewer plant. John Murphy will call the State Forester to discuss the process. Possible changes are required on South Hill per request of the landowner. John Murphy will contact Brian Glenn the landowner to review his wishes.
c) Additional Grooming Mount Holly - A letter has been sent to the President of the Mount Holly club expressing our interest in taking on the additional grooming in the Mount Holly area that may become available.
d) Signs - Trail Master Randy Ellison assured that he would get all gates closed and locked and all signs picked up very shortly.

Under groomer it was reported:

a) President Murphy reports that the two way radio is yet to be re-programmed
b) There was no report from James Ellis on the safety equipment.
c) The summer storage precautions have been taken with minor exception.
d) A final report on the years grooming activity was completed by Ron Bixby and used to secure all funding due for the year.

Under unfinished business:

a) There was no final report from the Membership Committee. Informal totals were discussed.
b) The fund raising committee is progressing with the golf tournament.
c) President Murphy reported that he will not be attending the International Snowmobile Congress.
d) President Murphy reported that the dates for this years Chicken BBQ fundraisers are July 7th and September 29th.

Under new business:

a) Proposed TMA changes by VAST were discussed. The consensus was that a new system as proposed will hurt our efforts to maintain our membership numbers over a period of time and could have a negative impact on a portion of our fundraising. President Murphy urged members to follow this issue closely and plan to attend the annual VAST meeting to object to the proposal if necessary.
b) President Murphy reported that we have applied to VAST for additional mileage in our grooming contract. The additional mileage was due to trail upgrades in the Mount Holly area and better accounting of our trail distances.
c) It was noted that the Plymouth Snowmobile Club is sponsoring a fund raiser in June and we should make every effort to support them.
d) The Ancient Roads issue was discussed. The Town Manager has not yet appointed the committee so we are not sure if he accepted the three people we recommended.
e) The financial status of the club was discussed. Upon a motion by Bruce Ingerson, seconded by Randy Ellison, it was voted to pay off the groomer loan. Doug Peabody, Rick Yuris and Bruce Ingerson were tasked to determine if some of our funds should be placed in an interest bearing account.
f) President Murphy appointed a committee consisting of Bruce Ingerson, Randy Ellison and Scott Grover to investigate the possibility of extending our groomer trail to the Black River Rod and Gun Club, a site of interest to our club.

The time and location of the next meeting will be determined by President Murphy.

Upon a motion by Rick Yuris, seconded by Cindy Yuris the meeting was adjourned at 7:26PM.

Respectfully submitted;

Doug Peabody, Secretary