LUDLOW SIDE HILL CRONCHERS

                   MEETING MINUTES

 

The 2/16/08 meeting of the Ludlow Side Hill Cronchers Snowmobile Club was called to order by President Murphy at 6:35 PM with 23 members present. The meeting was held at Bob and Rose Pawlowski’s home on Chapman Road.

 

The 1/16/08 minutes, upon a motion by Terry Ellison, seconded by Rick Yuris, were accepted as presented.

 

The Treasurer’s report, upon a motion by Terry Ellison seconded by Rick Yuris, was accepted as presented.

 

Correspondence for the month was presented to the membership by Secretary Douglas Peabody.

 

Under Trails the following was reported:

 

Gate Inventory - James Ellis is doing a gate inventory.

Trail Intersection Signs – Doug Peabody reported that our club has turned in a list of intersection sign needs to the County Club and that the County Club would be ordering signs in the near future for installation next year.

2008 Projects – The following are projects that we need to prepare for next year;

            1) Bridge re-decking on Okemo trail

            2) Bridge Installation behind Sewer Plant

            3) By-pass trail, Bixby Rd. at the campground 

            4) South Hill – Scott Tucker – Gravel Pit

It was suggested that the projects be scheduled as far ahead as possible so as to give people plenty of warning. Most projects will be done in late June, July and August.

It is also suggested that a few lines on missing signs on Corridor 127 at Corridor 7 be included in the next VAST article that our club sends in.

 

Under Groomer the following was reported:

 

Two Way Radio – President Murphy reports that we are closer to having a workable radio system in the groomer. Brett Sanderson is close to choosing a system that we can use and John is researching one other possibility.

Safety Equipment – James Ellis reports that this project is complete.

Groomer Training – Terry Ellison reports that this project is complete except for new people who will be trained as needed.

Markings for Groomer – discussion held on some areas of Mount Holly trails that need additional markers for groomer safety reasons. Terry Ellison and James Ellis will have this done.

 

 

 

Under Unfinished Business the following was reported:

 

Ancient Roads Committee – President Murphy reported that he is not aware of any progress on this issue since the last meeting.

Membership Committee – The general highlights of the membership to date for this year was given. The TMA count is up to 738 with more coming in. This is the highest number of TMA’s we have ever issued. More pickups from the vendors will be made at the end of the month.

Shelter Committee – Ted Stryhas has indicated he will provide some of the material for us. President Murphy will check with Town Officials to assure there will be no violations of local zoning by placing a temporary structure on the trail. Also President Murphy advises it best to only involve Ted Stryhas at this point and not request materials from others. We need to save those resources for future projects.

Web Site Maintenance – Doug Peabody reported that he has not received a reply from Steve Wilson reference the letter sent to him last month. Doug will send an e-mail to make sure Steve received the letter.

 

 

Under New Business the following was reported:

 

County Meeting – Doug Peabody reported on the various issues and activities of the county club. Upon a motion by Cindy Yuris, seconded by Scott Grover, it was voted to have our club participate in the 40th Birthday Celebration VAST is planning in Windsor County on  July 19th, 2008

Trail Marking – Further discussion was held on the need to mark the trails in Mount Holly because of safety issues. Upon a motion by Cindy Yuris, seconded by Spencer Williams, in was voted to have these markings installed as soon as possible; James Ellis and Terry Ellison assured that the markings would be installed.

Mount Holly Poker Run – President Murphy reported that the Mount Holly Club had contacted him and asked if we would participate in a Poker Run, the extent of which was not explained. The consensus of the group was to participate to the extent needed if possible. President Murphy will find out the details at an upcoming meeting and determine our level of participation.

Club Activities – A discussion was held on the fact that the Activities Committee had not held any events this winter. Doug Peabody apologized to the membership for the lack of events on behalf of the committee and explained that the January thaw, along with personal issues, had discouraged him from scheduling any events. It was suggested that those interested bring their ideas to the next meeting and maybe some events could be planned.

Volunteer Help Program – A discussion was held on encouraging more members to volunteer for activities. It will be placed on the agenda for next month.

Securing Right of Ways – A discussion was held on the proposal from a Chapman Road resident to give the club a legal right of way through their property for our trail. Upon a motion by Rick Yuris, seconded by Terry Ellison, it was voted to authorize President Murphy to consult with an attorney as needed to determine the best way for the club to proceed with this issue, and if able to see it through to conclusion.

 

 Meetings – The March meeting will be held at Scott and Jean Grover’s on Saturday March 22, 2008 at 6:30PM.

 

There being no further business to conduct, upon a motion by Terry Ellison, seconded by Bob Pawlowski the meeting was adjourned at 8:00 PM.