The Ludlow Side Hill Cronchers
 

Meeting Minutes

 
Meeting Minutes

Ludlow Side Hill Cronchers

The 12-13-06 meeting of the Ludlow Side Hill Cronchers Snowmobile Club was called to order by President Murphy 6:35 PM. The meeting was held at Scott and Jean Grover's with 12 members present.

The November 29, 2006 minutes, upon a motion by Randy Ellison, seconded by Rick Yuris were accepted as presented.

The Treasurers Report, upon a motion by Randy Ellison, seconded by Terry Ellison, was accepted as presented.

Correspondence was read into the record by Doug Peabody.

Under trails the following was reported:

a) South Hill Trail - Vice President Kondracki reported that the work on this new trail is completed. Terry Ellison will install signs this coming weekend.

b) Mount Holly Trail - Vice President Kondracki reported that Twin State Excavation has completed their work on this trail however it is too wet to seed and mulch. We will have to do that work next year. We will need to communicate with Alexis to determine how to keep the project open.

c) Trail Master Randy Ellison reported that he has contacted Mr. Stocker about the groomer trail and Mr. Stocker was upset about the gate on Preedom Rd. He has property on both sides of Preedom Rd. Randy told him he would meet with him to explain and give him keys to the gate.

d) President Murphy reported that a logger wants access to the Preedom Rd. trail. Steve Kondracki will meet with the logger and explain that we just finished spending a lot of money on that trail and it should not be used until the ground is frozen. Steve will double lock the gate and give the logger a key so he can open it.

Under groomer it was reported that the radio has been installed, Brett Sanderson is going to have it re-programmed to improve its operation. President Murphy will follow up on this issue. The ice studs and fuel filters should be here this week. A work crew took care of almost all needs for the groomer. Work will be completed when the studs and fuel filters arrive. No report on safety equipment. Terry Ellison will follow up with Kurt Marshal on the section of Corridor 7 near Route 155 that needs to be improved to keep from damaging the groomer. Also Terry Ellison will organize refresher training for the groomer. Terry will also put out a sign up sheet to determine who is available for grooming and then make out a schedule based on the results.

Under unfinished business Rick Yuris reported that he and Steve Wilson have installed the new lens on the Web Cam. Adjustments continue however the project is completed. The Rescue Sled grant of $5,000.00 has been presented to the Ludlow Fire Department and pictures along with pertinent information has been forwarded to media outlets. Missy Waysville reported that a time line has been established for next years raffle with work beginning in July. The committee will be meeting soon. Missy Waysville, Membership Chairperson reported on TMA sales to date. After discussion it was decided to conduct a "basket of cheer" raffle. A basket was donated by Jean Grover. Randy Ellison and John Murphy will print and cut tickets. Terry Peabody will provide the originals. Doug Peabody will send out an e-mail to members asking for donations for the basket. Rick Yuris will serve as the collection person to gather and pack the basket.

Under new business a report by the Activities Committee was discussed. Upon a motion by Randy Ellison, seconded by Terry Ellison it was voted to hold the following activities this year:

Holiday Party - January 13th - Randy and Cheryl Ellison's

Club Ride In - January 27th - Ellison's Camp

Winter Carnival Parade - February 3rd - Ludlow-downtown

Landowners Gathering - March 3rd - Brett Sanderson's

Also under new business Doug Peabody reported on the Windsor County Snowmobile Club meeting held December 12th. After much discussion and upon a motion by Terry Ellison, seconded by Randy Ellison it was voted to pay $10,000.00 on the groomer loan, in addition to the normal payments. We will revisit the loan status again after this winter. President Murphy reviewed the Town of Ludlow's progress on the "Ancient Road" issues and stated he would be looking for people to serve on a town committee which will be researching the issue.

The January meeting will be held at the beginning of our holiday party on January 13th at Randy and Cheryl Ellison's.

Upon a motion by Terry Ellison seconded by Rick Yuris the meeting was adjourned at 8:30PM.

Respectfully submitted;
Doug Peabody, Secretary